September 23, 2014
Victorian Young Achievement Awards – Victorian Government Innovation Award
The Minister for Youth Affairs Innovation Award recognises young people that have demonstrated creative, inspirational and innovative thinking in their local community, fostered collaboration for innovation or have made a significant contribution to an entrepreneurial culture and globally competitive Victoria.
The award celebrates young people who have demonstrated innovation in entrepreneurial thinking; development of services and products with leading edge technological and innovative content; renewable and alternative energies; social change and economic participation and the creative industries.
This award is open to both individuals (young people aged between 12 to 25 years old), or youth groups who are giving youth a voice to discuss and stimulate ideas about innovation in their local region, share solutions and identify pathways for change in the future.
Examples may include: youth-led business start-ups and social enterprise; new products, processes and commercial applications; incorporation of world-class technologies, capabilities and skills in engineering and manufacturing; as well as innovation in design, digital media and multimedia communication.
- Brief background and history of initiative or project
- Description of products and/or services provided
- Involvement with wider industry groups, networks or associations
- Examples of recent achievements or performance success
- Marketing and promotional initiatives
- Source of funding, grants and budgets if applicable
- Regional and/or local community activity and involvement
- Barriers or difficulties and how they have been overcome
- 100 word summary of achievements.
Find out more about the Awards and see the categories here.