February 25, 2013
Social enterprises and micro businesses operating in the City of Melbourne may be eligible for financial grants and mentoring to the value of $25,000.
Under the pilot social enterprise and micro business grants program, businesses creating or expanding employment and self employment opportunities for disadvantaged persons will be eligible to apply for the grants. This includes enterprises and businesses providing employment and self-employment opportunities for indigenous persons, disabled persons, homeless persons, long-term unemployed persons and former refugees.
- 18 February 2013 – Application opens
- 18 March 2013 – Closes
- July 2013 – Notification
Applications can be made in one of four sub-categories:
- Social enterprise start-up
- Social enterprise expansion
- Micro business owner / operator start-up
- Micro business owner / operator expansion
- The City of Melbourne is holding information sessions and workshops to assist you with your application. Find out more and register for a session.
For complete details about the grants, click here.