September 8, 2015
Social Traders is delighted to be one of the first five non-profits to be selected for Microsoft Australia’s Windows 10 #UpgradeYourWorldAU.
Microsoft’s #UpgradeYourWorld is a global initative, celebrating those who inspire others and make an impact in their community and around the world.
The Australian campaign is offering a community investment of US$500,000 cash, to be shared equally across ten nonprofits that are making a real difference to our local communities.
The first five local nonprofits selected for #UpgradeYourWorld have been announced as:
- Australian Business and Community Network (ABCN) partner schools with business, with a goal to improve opportunities and outcomes for disadvantaged students by raising aspirations and increasing awareness of the personal, educational and vocational choices available.
- Indigenous Digital Excellence Initiative (IDX) has been developed as a partnership between the National Centre for Indigenous Excellence and the Telstra Foundation, undertaking projects that strengthen Indigenous participation, practice and entrepreneurship in the digital economy.
- Infoxchange is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to strengthen communities using technology to create positive social change – helping more than 300,000 people get online and improve their quality of life.
- Social Traders works to break the cycle of disadvantage and build resilience in Australian communities through social enterprise. Social Traders is dedicated to raising awareness of social enterprise, building enterprise capability, and opening markets for social enterprises products and services.
- The Smith Family provides disadvantaged Australian children with tools and support to thrive at school – with this help extending to the child’s family and community with wrap-around support essential to breaking the cycle.
It’s now up to Australians to have their say, and help to crowdsource the remaining five Australian nonprofits to receive a donation!
To nominate an Australian organisation, jump on social media, use the hashtags #UpgradeYourWorldAU and #Vote, plus tag your favourite nonprofit on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Nominations are open until the end of September.Back to Stories