Organisations across Australia are exploring innovative new approaches to achieving social objectives through social procurement. Buying from a social enterprise is one of the most effective ways of breaking the cycle of disadvantage and strengthening Australian communities.
Join Social Traders and the Victorian Government at this event to learn more about:
- What is a social enterprise and what is social procurement
- The Victorian Government’s Social Procurement Framework and how it impacts your organisation
- Who is doing social procurement well and what shifts they have implemented in their organisations to do this
The social procurement marketplace is growing. The Social Procurement Framework, launched in 2018, has now seen over 40 Government Departments develop a social procurement strategy, requiring organisations wanting to work with them to demonstrate their social procurement commitment.
Social Traders works to grow this market. We provide social enterprise certification and offer services to support their growth, and we work with Australian businesses and government departments to enable them to incorporate social enterprise into their supply chains. Since 2015, we’ve seen $60 million social procurement deals facilitated through our social procurement marketplace.
This event will help you understand why the social procurement market is growing, and how your organisation can become a ST certified social enterprise or a Social Traders business or government member, increasing positive impact in your supply chains.
Conference Centre – Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR)
Date: Wednesday 27 November
Address: Level 5, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
Time: 9:30 – 11:30am
Registrations begin from 9am
Who Should Attend?
- Social enterprises
- Victorian Government departments and agencies
- Businesses wanting to work with the Victorian Government
- Community organisations and not-for-profits looking to understand social procurement potential
- Local government / councils
- and others…
Free Event – all attendees must RSVP.
Social Procurement in Melbourne
Level 5, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000